Skip to main content

extra credit reading notes: mahabharata, part b

For my part B reading, I want to focus on Maya's Palace as a framework for another setting in my portfolio stories. I love the idea of Abhaya finding a glittering palace on her journey through the forests to find The Ocean of Milk. There, I want to bring a character like Pandavas in, but I will make them five sisters rather than brothers. While at the palace, I want Abhaya and the sisters to get acquainted and the sisters will then give Abhaya something to help her on her journey. 
Additionally, I would like to include the stories of the crystal and King Duryodhana's mistaking of it. I want to incorporate this attribute into Abhaya to make her more of an embodiment of the monarch that she is becoming. Although this will be separate from the palace plot and not as prominent, I think it will be cool to showcase my understandings of the readings into my story even further.
(Image information: Duryodhana falling into the water
obtained from PDE Mahabharata)
Bibliography: John Mandeville Macfie and Kisari Mohan Ganguli, PDE Mahabharata.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

introduction to an aspiring teacher

Hello! I'm Katelyn Callahan, a soon-to-be 21 year-old senior at the University of Oklahoma. Originally, I'm from Tulsa, OK, and I have lived in Oklahoma for the majority of my life minus about three years when I lived in Kansas. I'm an enneagram type one, so do with that what you will. In college, I'm studying Language Arts Education in hopes of becoming a middle school English teacher. As you might be able to presume from my major, I love to write. I especially love all things technical about writing, especially grammar.  Aside from my love for writing, I love cats! In fact, I love cats so much that I have a memorial tattoo for my childhood cat, Jasper. Below are some pictures of Jasper and the tattoo I got in his memory. Another fun fact: I got this tattoo in London while I was studying abroad! (Image information: personal photo of my late cat,  Jasper, July 2016) (Image information: personal photo of my tattoo  of Jasper by Georgina Liliane ,

comment wall

Please check out my portfolio,  Binsa's Journey . I appreciate all of your feedback! (Image information: The Churning of The Ocean of Milk obtained from  Rear-View-Mirror .)

week two story: family traditions

It was my first day at a new school in a new place, and I was not looking forward to it. I had never attended a public school, but my mom told me it was time.  "Rish, you're seventeen now. You know you have to do this to carry on our family's traditions," my mother pressured. "Mom, I know," I say, slipping the fresh canvas backpack over my shoulders.  I have never carried a schoolbag before, so this was different. My outdated textbooks weren't the only thing weighing me down, though. You see, the women in my family are all rakshasis.  If you don't know what rakshasis are, we're creatures with the ability to lure people in, then eat them when we feel it's right. Naturally, we aren't the most attractive, with two huge fangs protruding from our mouths and a not-so petite figure.  Luckily, we have the opportunity to shape shift into whatever we want. This makes luring even the least gullible very easy for us. In my family, w